Retail Sales | Other | Permanent | Full Time
Responsible for achievement of sales volume, distribution targets, maximizing inventory turns and educating Alberta retail store owners, managers, staff and consumers on HEXO Cannabis Brand and products to help maximize volume and share in assigned accounts. Critical to success of the role is the ability to build relationships to engage and educate staff and consumers, while being an ambassador for the company and brand.
The Territory Manager will report directly to the Director of Sales.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with Alberta cannabis retail store personnel
- Organize and lead, 1-on-1 and cluster training educational seminars with retail partners
- Act as brand ambassador to store staff and consumers to increase HEXO Cannabis brand awareness
- Utilize CRM software to keep accurate records for contact management and use best practices for route planning, call frequency and tracking performance against objectives
- Use CRM and other available data to analyse own, competitor and market results and employ fact-based selling techniques with retail accounts
- Leverage marketing presentations and tools, and use effective selling techniques to introduce products, features and benefits and educate store staff
- Execute and activate pre-arranged merchandising and/or promotional programs for retail cannabis stores
- Achieve sales, distribution and market share objectives within assigned Alberta accounts
- Participate in provincial trade shows
- Manage retail account expectations regarding inventory
- Communicate inventory requirements and any watch-outs to the Director of Sales
- Responsible to Director of Sales for activities and results in the territory
Manage relationships with Alberta cannabis retail accounts
- Train and educate the retail staff personnel
- Achieve sales, distribution and market share targets
- Increase HEXO Cannabis brand awareness and visibility
- Keep accurate records on the account, the decision makers and key relationships
- Set up and manage cluster-training sessions with retail accounts
- Make field calls and tracking activities in each account
Prepare and submit weekly reporting to management summarizing results against objectives
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Track and report on inventory (own and competitive)
- Review competitive education, merchandising, promotional activity and sales
- Report on retailers as applicable
- Monitor and track performance to objectives
Analyze sales activities, market conditions and competitive pricing
- Review available competitive data and utilize to company advantage
- Make recommendations and update Director of Sales on local activity in assigned accounts
- Make decisions and formulate sales strategies to improve company position in retail accounts
Manage promotional expenses for the territory
- Work with the Director of Sales to ensure best practices are utilized and all engagement activities are within company and provincial guidelines
A Territory Manager that can train and educate the Alberta cannabis retail staff and maximize our sales and distribution in order to achieve our corporate objectives, while working effectively within corporate guidelines and as an effective member of the provincial sales team.
Strong collaboration among sales team which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus on how best to direct our promotional and merchandising resources.
Execute with excellence. Be a part of a winning team by adopting effective sales strategies and using informed and accurate tracking with an eye on the competitive set and the territory as a whole.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 3 years of Territory Sales Management, Brand Ambassador or Brand Education/Training experience in the industry with preference given to those from heavily regulated industries like beverage alcohol, tobacco and pharma.
Education/Training: University – Commerce, Business or Marketing or Natural Sciences
Licenses/Certificates: Drivers license required.
Demonstrated proficiency in building and managing relationships through multiple communication mediums. A strong background in sales, education or training, and presentation execution is key.
Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong communication, presentation and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential.
How to Apply
Candidates must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.