New Product Development | Vaughan, ON | Permanent | Full Time
As a member of Hexo Innovation Team and reporting to the Director, New Product Development (NPD), you will champion and lead the creation of our innovation pipeline designed to achieve Hexo’s strategic vision for key health and wellness platforms. Based in the GTA, Vaughan, Ontario, this is both a highly strategic and creative role with significant execution and team leadership requirements. Focus of the role is ideation, development and championing a vision for our health and wellness roadmap.
- Work with cross functional partners across the company leading, identifying and developing innovative opportunity platforms that build the strategic framework for creative new products in the cannabis space;
- Support white space idea identification, working closely with R&D, clinical team, developers, Market Insights, Innovation partners, Marketing, Sales, Operations and various business partners instrumental to the in-market success of innovation;
- Lead all steps involved in the development of new product & packaging from concept to creation, testing, validation and commercialization with little oversight from management team;
- Ensure brand and product innovation is developed with a keen focus on differentiated offerings for existing and new platforms;
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams in development and commercialization of line extensions, line renovations and new markets entries;
- Support the establishment of a successful growth pipeline ensuring the delivery of excellent products that are clearly differentiated and leverage novel technology and IP.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering innovation, working successfully in health and wellness with specific skillset in CPG Pharma categories;
- MBA or 4 Yr Honors Business Admin Degree, at least 5 years of experience in relevant industries and roles;
- Experience working in highly regulated, tightly controlled categories;
- At ease, open and accepting of cannabis category or products and be willing to put on LinkedIn profile;
- Successfully executed programs from idea to implementation, completing the research and business case to drive the change;
- Superior knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to CPG personal care and health and wellness categories;
- Are comfortable to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently with agility;
- Must be a self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment;
- Having strong written and oral communications skills and open to regular communication with senior leaders;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English and French (an asset);
- Open to frequent travel.
- Communication & Client Responsiveness: Researches trends and recommends new strategies to address client concerns. Develops and presents arguments to convince clients to take a measure or implement a solution.
- Work Direction: Manages an operational, commercial or administrative function of HEXO. The position may reorganize the functional area and has responsibility for hiring, promotions and terminations.
- Problem Solving, Innovation and Autonomy: Problems are highly complex and often require creative solutions that may include the need to reorganize resources or services consistent with existing strategies. Guidance is available as needed, but autonomous problem-solving and creative solutions are expected.
- Sensory Demands: The work involves considerable periods or moderate sensory effort. (concentration can be broken without a negative impact on delivery of action.)
- Physical Demands: The work inolves occassional periods (less than 1/2 day) of light physical effort.
- Working Conditions: Moderate exposure to adverse conditions (26-50% of the time).
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Recruitment Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.