Let’s build an industry leader… The right way.
In 2013, we created Hydropothecary to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market. With the addition of HEXO, our adult-use cannabis brand to our roster, we’ve set our sights on being a market leader – through innovation, sustainability, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We have the opportunity to make the cannabis industry serious, business-oriented, and responsible. So we’re building a dynamic team of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things, and challenge the status quo.
And as a Senior Internal Controls Auditor, you’ll support our finance team by ensuring all our internal controls are providing a strong foundation to get us there.
Some things you’ll do:
- Plan and execute audit engagements, including: scheduling interviews with process owners, requesting control documentation, conducting fieldwork and communicating the audit results.
- Execute Risk Control Matrix assessments, including the answering & review of scalability questions, the assessment of each control as a high, medium or low risk, completing a walkthrough of controls with process and/or control owners, assisting in the documentation of gaps and remediation plans, the following-up of completion of gap remediation plans, and updating the matrix for changes in controls or processes.
- Make recommendations to improve our business processes, underlying ICFR processes, and controls and COSO / COBIT framework.
- Maintain and provide updates on self-assessments, testing results, and updates on remediation activities for identified control gaps.
- Ensure working papers and files (both on-line and hard copy) adhere to department standards.
- Provide recommendations in reports that are well thought-out (i.e. determine effect on other areas of the organization), practical and written in a format that can be delivered directly to Executive Management and the Board;
- Provide regular reporting on testing progress and issues encountered.
- Manage and maintain relationships with primary audit customers.
- Professional accounting and/or audit designation (CIA, CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) with minimum 3 years post-qualification experience in an audit role.
- Knowledge of ICFR (NI 52-109)
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations) framework.
- Working knowledge of IT governance standards and frameworks, including COBIT
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the HEXO team, please send your resume to email@example.com. If there are no openings in your area, we will keep your details on file for future consideration. Check our website regularly for updates.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.