Let’s build an industry leader… The right way. In 2013, we created Hydropothecary to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market. With the addition of HEXO, our adult-use cannabis brand to our roster, we’ve set our sights on being a market leader – through innovation, sustainability, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We have the opportunity to make the cannabis industry serious, business-oriented, and responsible. So we’re building a dynamic team of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things, and challenge the status quo. And as a Senior Internal Controls Auditor, you’ll support our finance team by ensuring all our internal controls are providing a strong foundation to get us there. Some things you’ll do:
- Plan and execute audit engagements, including: scheduling interviews with process owners, requesting control documentation, conducting fieldwork and communicating the audit results.
- Execute Risk Control Matrix assessments, including the answering & review of scalability questions, the assessment of each control as a high, medium or low risk, completing a walkthrough of controls with process and/or control owners, assisting in the documentation of gaps and remediation plans, the following-up of completion of gap remediation plans, and updating the matrix for changes in controls or processes.
- Make recommendations to improve our business processes, underlying ICFR processes, and controls and COSO / COBIT framework.
- Maintain and provide updates on self-assessments, testing results, and updates on remediation activities for identified control gaps.
- Ensure working papers and files (both on-line and hard copy) adhere to department standards.
- Provide recommendations in reports that are well thought-out (i.e. determine effect on other areas of the organization), practical and written in a format that can be delivered directly to Executive Management and the Board;
- Provide regular reporting on testing progress and issues encountered.
- Manage and maintain relationships with primary audit customers.
- Professional accounting and/or audit designation (CIA, CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) with minimum 3 years post-qualification experience in an audit role.
- Knowledge of ICFR (NI 52-109)
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations) framework.
- Working knowledge of IT governance standards and frameworks, including COBIT
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley