Finance | Kanata, ON | Permanent | Full Time
To assist the Director, FP&A consolidate results, budgets and forecasts into management reports (Quarterly Business Reviews, Board Reports, Monthly Reporting etc.) This individual will play an integral role in modeling HEXO’s performance and cash flow needs that will support major business decisions; including updating the internal 5-year model that supports the M&A process. Communicate detailed information in a summarized, clear and concise manner.
- Develop and maintain short- and long-range financial models and perform ad-hoc analyses;
- Work closely with the Strategic Finance team to ensure that projections coincide with our macroeconomic view of the domestic and international market;
- Quarterly review of actual results against budgets with critical variance analysis;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages for the Board of Directors and Executive Team;
- Develop and set measurable KPIs, and consistently drive the business towards those goals;
- Assist the finance team with the preparation of external financial statements, MD&A, and other public facing financial documentation;
- Improve upon and develop new repeatable processes;
- Identify cost and revenue drivers and develop financial insights on earnings and cash flow;
- Provides financial insights to support due diligence on M&A and financing;
- Integrate new business ventures into our reporting framework;
- Support the transactional due diligence efforts in conjunction with the Strategic Finance;
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure the accuracy of financial information.
- University degree in Commerce (Finance, Accounting preferable). The candidate must have earned or is actively working towards a MBA degree, CFA designation or CPA designation;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Strong financial modelling skills are required, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (financial modelling) and Microsoft PowerPoint (slide decks);
- Good understanding of IFRS/GAAP;
- Strong data sourcing and Excel data manipulation skills is required;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Must be able to balance multiple projects in parallel and prioritize time accordingly while accounting for competing deadlines;
- Must be an excellent communicator and understand the nuances of crafting appropriate messaging depending on the audience, purpose, and topic in question;
- Highly adaptable to unforeseen circumstances;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be dependable, reliable, humble, and possess a great team spirit;
- French/English bilingualism would be an asset, but not required;
- Travel may be required on occasion.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Kanata location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the HEXO Corp. team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Strategic Finance team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.