Let’s build an industry leader… The right way.
In 2013, we created Hydropothecary to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market. With the addition of HEXO, our adult-use cannabis brand to our roster, we’ve set our sights on being a market leader – through innovation, sustainability, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We have the opportunity to make the cannabis industry serious, business-oriented, and responsible. So we’re building a dynamic team of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things, and challenge the status quo.
As a Senior Cost Accountant, you’ll support our finance team by working closely with the Vice President of Finance and business unit leaders throughout the departments. You will oversee the cost accounting of HEXO products and transformation process.
Some things you’ll do:
- Analyzes the plant’s operating results for raw materials and various other operating expenses, ensure the accuracy of data and reports, develop performance indicators and make recommendations;
- Support operations in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, direct and indirect labor, direct material and subcontract costs, and other overhead costs incurred;
- Investigate and correct any discrepancies;
- Prepare weekly/monthly reporting of actual production costs vs standard costs to support company goals;
- Prepares forecasts, analyzes variances and makes recommendations;
- Participate in inventory counts, reviewing physical adjustments and requesting recounts as needed;
- Prepare cost estimates for new products and product pre-stages, as well as cost saving initiatives using inputs from R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Budget and the monthly forecasts by providing inputs and analysis;
- Support various accounting and finance projects as required, including month end/year end
- Experience as an accredited accountant (CPA, CA preferred).
- 10+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals.
- Business recommendations and ideas.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the HEXO team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are no openings in your area, we will keep your details on file for future consideration. Check our website regularly for updates.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.