The Senior Accountant will support all finance department activities: accounts receivable, accounts payable, month/year end routines and financial reporting.
- Maintain general ledger balance sheet accounts by reconciling accounts details and control accounts;
- Identify, investigate, analyze and report on account variances;
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting (COSO and COSIT);
- Manage internal controls over processes and quality;
- Assist as an expert in the Compliance department;
- Adjust general ledger balances by posting and/or adjusting journal entries and prepare monthly working papers;
- Monitor the general ledger for accuracy and effectiveness;
- Adhere to and promote accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, provincial, and local financial legal requirements;
- Participate in the preparation of quarter end/ year end working papers and close routines;
- Provide support to the financial reporting function by documenting complete and concise variance analysis into their working papers;
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures;
- Recommend improvements for gathering, summarizing and reporting financial information;
- Support the Corporate Service team, as well as other internal teams, as required;
- A degree in accounting, combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in various accounting roles/functions.
- An accounting designation is required (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA).
- Knowledge of ICFR (NI 52-109)
- Knowledge of SOX Compliance
- He/she must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner.
- Bilingualism (both verbal and written French) is a strong asset.
- Role is based out of the Hull office, and candidates must be available to work at our facility in Masson-Anger from time to time, and must not have a legal impediment to work.