Customer Experience | Kanata, ON | Permanent | Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, the Sales Trainer will contribute to HEXO’s rapid growth by delivering training to HEXO customers. The successful candidate is expected to have superior communication skills, a broad understanding of good production practices and HEXO’s overall business, operate with a solutions mindset, and be open to continuous learning and improvement. This role will be involved in the development and delivery of retail partner onboarding, medical clinic education, programs and policies, as well as provide leaders and employees with training and performance support.
- Oversee training material and suggest improvements;
- Choose the most appropriate training method per case (e.g. in person training, online);
- Design onboarding session for new HEXO Customers (Retail partners, Provincial Cannabis Authorities, Medical Cannabis Clinic staff);
- Conduct analysis to determine learning and performance requirements;
- Report on training program effectiveness;
- Create an open-communication climate and gather team members’ preferences for potential training;
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training record;
- Stay up to date with education trends;
- Have a broad operational understanding and experience with good production practices, good manufacturing practices, SOPs and the Canadian Cannabis Regulations;
- Deliver quality sales training programs to the following HEXO customers; Retail Partners, Provincial Cannabis Authorities, Medical Clinic Partners (Educators and HCPs);
- Scheduling individual and team training plans on a regular basis;
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses to identify training needs;
- To work as a collaborative team member of a multi-disciplinary corporate and field sales team to meet and exceed HEXO’s sales objectives;
- Complete all other related duties and assist on other projects as they arise.
- Proven work experience as a Sales training specialist or Sales training coordinator;
- Extensive knowledge of learning principles and modern training techniques;
- An ability to manage the full training cycle;
- Experience with learning management software;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Understanding of sales process, preferably with customer service experience;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Additional certification in training is a plus;
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Industry, Familiarity with Canadian Cannabis Regulations;
- Training Experience particularly across different learning methods preferred;
- Candidate would be able to travel up to 50% of the time;
- Experience with effectively coaching various personality types;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to build and maintain cross functional relationships across the organization;
- Desire to improve sales skills/product knowledge effectiveness among Cannabis Retailers, Medical Cannabis Educators.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Kanata location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the HEXO Corp. team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Customer Experience team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.