Innovation | Masson-Angers, QC | Permanent | Full Time
As a member of HEXO’s high performing Innovation team, you will be responsible to support the management of innovative product development initiatives and be able to drive the completion of individual development projects. Reporting to the Director of HEXO’s Innovation Management team, the Project Manager will ensure that projects are moved through our product innovation pipeline, from ideation through to go-to-market launch, using sound project management practices and principles. Based in our Gatineau facility, you will provide technical and project management expertise into HEXO’s Innovation Management function.
- Developing robust, detailed project plans for new product development projects, including tasks (WBS), resources, schedule, budget, identifying project goals, and setting the project’s timeline.
- Collaborating with various, stakeholders within the organization (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Product Management, Product Development, etc.) and third parties, holding meetings to develop project plans and monitor project progress to ensure they remain on track, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Developing meeting agendas, leading meetings and preparing succinct and comprehensive minutes with action items to be promptly distributed to relevant project stakeholders.
- Reporting on the progress of product development projects to stakeholders.
- Conducting project risk identification and management activities, including the management of a project risk register.
- Identifying, tracking and managing project issues, finding resolution through creative problem solving and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Ensuring project deliverables are provided by the relevant stakeholders within agreed timelines to ensure progress remains on track.
- Managing stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, via stakeholder register and responsibility assignment matrix, answering questions, preparing presentations, and communicating project updates.
- Supporting the Innovation Management team with additional duties as required from time to time.
Some of the critical talents you bring to the role include:
- You hold a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- You have 5 – 10 years of experience in consumer-packaged goods, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, product development, manufacturing or other relevant industries.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in project management.
- You have sound knowledge of project management methodologies and principles.
- You are able to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently and autonomously.
- You are a self-motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and creative individual.
- You are able to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced, cross-functional team based environment.
- You have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- You have strong written and oral communications skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project.
Other capabilities that would win us over (nice to have’s):
- You have working knowledge of cannabis regulations and/or experience working in the cannabis industry or a related regulated environment.
- You have experience managing product development projects with tight timelines.
- You are fluent in English and French.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you are interested in joining the HEXO Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Harvest team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.