Operational Planning and Control | Belleville, ON | Permanent | Full Time
- Assist with specification, scale-up and design of process equipment;
- Support commissioning and installation of new or retrofit equipment;
- Participate in cross-functional validation teams to complete validation of new process equipment;
- Create production SOPs;
- Work collaboratively with the process engineering team on new and improvement projects;
- Plan, execute and complete assigned projects;
- Assist with analysis and interpretation of process and manufacturing data to identify opportunities for improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduced product loses, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance;
- Support the process engineering team’s efforts to actively seeks out best manufacturing practices through internal and external benchmarking;
- Participate and provide technical support to operating personnel on manufacturing, packaging, material handling, cleaning, and processing operations – including troubleshooting equipment and process problems encountered during production.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or equivalent;
- Manufacturing experience required;
- Experience with tanks, pumps, valves, hydraulics, motors, VFDs, heat exchangers, refrigeration systems/chillers, boilers, high speed packing equipment, instrumentation, waste treatment systems, filtration, and water purification systems are an asset;
- Experience working in the cannabis industry is an asset;
- Familiarity with HC cannabis regulations is an asset;
- Experience with GMP is an asset;
- Eligible for registration with Professional Engineers of Ontario is an asset;
- Must be highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges;
- Ability to learn new processes quickly;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on technical writing skills;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment;
- Detail-oriented and strong time management skills;
- Working knowledge of computer applications including: Microsoft Office Suite, G-suit, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Belleville location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the HEXO Corp. team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Operational Controlling and Planning team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.