Innovation | Belleville, ON | Permanent | Full Time
The Process Development Manager will oversee the technology transfer of new products from lab scale to commercial scale production. Based in our Belleville commercial facility, this key leadership role will contribute greatly to the success of Hexo’s Innovation team, supporting an extensive pipeline of new cannabinoid products from edibles, concentrates, topicals, cosmetics and pharmaceutical/OTC products. Reporting to the Sr. Director of R&D, you will work closely with the Manufacturing team focusing on the process development, optimization, and commercial launch of new products. The ideal candidate will be motivational, energetic, forward thinking, and possess outstanding leadership development, organizational awareness, and a commitment to excellence.
- Lead development and execution of product launches from bench prototyping to commercialization;
- Responsible for designing, planning and execution of experiments for bench top, pilot plant/ plant trials;
- Able to assess testing plans, gather and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings;
- Assist in pipeline scoping and technical assessment of future innovation projects & ideas;
- Develop, update and maintain consumer driven process specifications of assigned projects;
- Support assessment of IP strategy, as it relates to projects;
- Development of processing specifications for new and existing products;
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions in the scale-up of new products from development to manufacturing including the commissioning of new equipment;
- Coordinate and execute plant trials with operations to validate formulas and process parameters;
- Able to work on several large projects, multi-tasking and managing priorities with cross functional team members;
- Write project reports and support Quality and Manufacturing needs as it relates to their projects.
- University Degree in Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related fields;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Food and/ or Pharmaceutical industry;
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications;
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, production line, and equipment;
- Knowledge of GMP/GPP is required, while knowledge of the Cannabis Act (formerly ACMPR) is an important asset.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Belleville location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Innovation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.