Production | Belleville, ON | Permanent | Full Time
We are currently seeking Oil Processing Supervisors
- Maintain Oil product processes in conjunction with the schedule put forth by Oil Product Manager and Production Planner.
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance department to lot certain Oil products for sale and for the submission of samples to be sent for analysis.
- In cooperation with the Oil Processing Manager, continuously improve work flow for extraction, dewaxing, formulation and some primary packaging of Oil product by analyzing production reports created by Team Leads.
- Observe production control points and equipment, as well as monitor personnel allocation and resources to assure quality standards are met.
- Implement cost reductions and help develop reporting procedures and systems.
- Create solutions to malfunctions within the production process.
- Provide production information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answer questions and respond to information requests.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing team leads on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Back up miscellaneous positions in production as required.
- Promote and ensure that safe working procedures and practices are always adhered to i.e. Health and Safety, PPE, dress code requirements;
- Make production schedules so that they effectively fulfill current production plans created by the Production Planner.
- Analyze and compile data as it relates to extraction, dewaxing, formulation, primary packaging and any additional processes that are added to the department.
- Continuously work to optimize all processes.
- Effectively manage all team leads, specialists and personnel where applicable.
- Work with outside departments to help the department grow in both size and effectiveness throughout the ongoing expansion process.
- Any additional tasks that are deemed necessary by the Oil Processing Manager
- Degree/Diploma in science or similar field of study
- 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- Manufacturing experience is an asset
- Critical/logical thinking – identify issues and provide the best possible solution
- Very strong leadership skills – teams are often comprised of very bright, raw talent. Mentorship is critical for company goals to be accomplished
- Excellent communication skills – working with people across the manufacturing process, they have to be able to manage people well and communicate new ideas effectively
- Creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills – ability to creatively solve issues by seeing past what is established and create a new way of operating
- Calm under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, they must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly
How to Apply
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada and must not have a legal impediment to work.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.