We are looking for a skilled Network and Server Technician help us on the design, upkeep, security and growth of our LAN,WAN, Server and Cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions. The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning and reliable technology infrastructure to ensure the unobtrusive operation of business.
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate infrastructure performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Maintain and Monitor infrastructure integrity and security. Where needed implement new practices and polices to ensure we are at or above any compliance requirements.
- Proven experience as network and server technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware, including cloud and virtual infrastructure.
- BSc/BA in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field is considered and asset
- Certifications on relevant technology (Networking, Security, Cloud, etc) are considered an asset