Innovation | Vaughan, ON | Permanent | Full Time
Champion and lead the creation of our innovation pipeline designed to achieve HEXO’s strategic vision. Based in our Toronto area facility, this is both a highly strategic and creative role with significant execution and team leadership requirements. Focus of the role is ideation, development and leadership of cross functional teams. HEXO operates in a fast paced, novel category and is experiencing hyper-growth. You will need to be comfortable being uncomfortable, open to on-going change and be adaptive and agile while working within a low-process, highly entrepreneurial speedy environment. You will be creating the future and contributing to the unfolding, optimistic and positive HEXO culture. Significant exposure to Chief Innovation Officer and other senior leadership members on a regular basis.
- Champion the ideation and development of innovative opportunity platforms that build the strategic framework for the edibles space through a formalised stage gate process;
- Support white space ideation thru collaborative efforts with Market Insights, Innovation partners, Marketing, Sales, Operations and various business partners instrumental to the in-market success of innovation;
- Lead new product developments from concept to creation, testing, validation and commercialization with little oversight from management team. (full cycle product development);
- Proactively identify and remove potential roadblocks;
- Create detailed and thorough Product Briefs to support efficient product developments thru strong collaboration with cross functional teams;
- Validate the sales opportunities within the innovation pipeline to ensure opportunities are aligned with the Brand strategy and sales goals;
- Drive successful growth by delivering excellent products that are clearly differentiated in market and leverage novel technology;
- Research and identify market trends for ingredients, packaging and products to lead 1st to market innovations.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater;
- 5+ years of proven successes developing and delivering innovation in Food related categories in CPG;
- Financial acumen to validate and forecast viable business cases;
- Superior knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications to edible developments;
- Able to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently with agility;
- Ability to take on new responsibilities as priorities evolve;
- Experience working in highly regulated, tightly controlled categories;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Fluent in English and French (an asset);
- Open to frequent travel;
- At ease, open and accepting of cannabis category or products (be willing to put on LinkedIn profile).
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Toronto location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Innovation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.