Reporting to the Director of Processing, the Dried Product Processing Manager is responsible for all milling, decarboxylation, product preparation and pre roll production of dried product required to fill Purchase Orders for Dried Product. They will also be responsible for all dry product processing of material that is needed to fulfill any SKU that requires dried product input. This includes, but is not limited to; sublingual spray, massage oils, topicals, concentrates, cannabis beverages and edibles.
- Maintain dried product production schedule in conjunction with Production Planner, Harvest, Oil Processing, Logistics, Packaging and Sales.
- Plan, organize and monitor work flow for all activities: work with the supervisors and team leads to ensure proper allocation of tasks and implementation of efficient work practices;
- Plan, organize, monitor and participate in workflow for post-harvest production (milling, decarboxylation product prep and pre roll production): allocate tasks to team members and oversee execution;
- Liaise with facilities for proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities used is the process;
- Ensure the collaboration of dried processing teams with the Quality Assurance team to:
- Lot product for sale;
- Collect and submit samples for analysis;
- Observe control points and equipment, as well as monitor resources to ensure quality standards are met;
- Compile, sort, analyze data and report on production performance. Make recommendations for improvement;
- Develop and implement cost reduction solutions whenever possible, while maintain product quality;
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of reporting systems;
- Hire, train and supervise employees;
- Assess individual and team performances, create and implement appropriate action plans as required;
- Lead by example and ensure all employees adhere to Hexo rules and procedures, as well as safe and sanitary working procedures and practices always;
- Regular mentorship of supervisory roles.
- Assist the Director of Processing in other projects from time to time.
- Degree/Diploma in science or similar field of study
- 3-5 years of management experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Impeccable organizational skills – working with tight timelines and frequent change. One must rely on their organizational skills in order to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Critical/logical thinking – identify problems and provide the best possible solutions
- Very strong leadership skills – mentorship is critical for company goals to be accomplished
- Excellent communication skills – working with people across the manufacturing process, communicate new ideas effectively
- Creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills – ability to troubleshoot by seeing past what is established and create new ways of operating
- Ability to work under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, they must be able to come up with quick and effective solutions
- Commercial awareness – usually working within strict time and budgetary constraints
How to Apply
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada and must not have a legal impediment to work.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.