The manager, Cleaning and Sanitation is responsible for achieving expected results or completing action plans for the cleaning and sanitation of the facilities. Pursues an objective of maximizing operational profitability and productivity by tailoring processes and equipment to the organization’s operational targets. Responsible for subspecialties including uniforms and stewarding. Supervises the members of his/her team. Participates in establishing budgets, action plans, objectives and strategies for his/her department.
- Assigns team members their duties and inspects work for compliance with Hexo and Health Canada standards
- Investigates observations and non-compliance regarding cleaning and sanitation and takes corrective action;
- Reviews daily list of rooms to be cleaned in accordance with SOPs and any special requests and prepare work assignments for department team members;
- Coordinates work activities between rooms;
- Coordinates maintenance repairs with the facilities department;
- Oversees all Cleaning and Sanitation department training,
- including new staff orientation and training;
- Responsible for establishment and the implementation of department fiscal controls to ensure budget compliance. This involves the monitoring of all department expense categories, including labor cost to coincide with the department financial plan;
- Inventories stock including chemicals, paper products, uniforms, etc. to ensure adequate supplies, re‐orders when necessary;
- Makes recommendations to improve performance and ensure more efficient operation;
- Prepares reports as necessary concerning payroll, and department expenses;
- Supervises the daily operations of the cleaning and sanitation department;
- Makes the daily work schedules for the cleaning and sanitation department;
- Documents employee conduct as needed and completes performance evaluations;
- Supports and enforces company standards in cooperation with the Director of Facilities and Security and Human Resources;
- Designs, posts and monitors compliance with duty assignments, including safety and environmental standards and labor regulations;
- Oversee uniform program.
- Relevant Post secondary education;
- Minimum of 5 years management experience;
- Aptitude for continuous learning;
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends;
- Demonstrated ability to forge partnerships with multiple cross-functional areas (ie. Operations, Maintenance, Quality Assurance to enhance efficiency and productivity;
- Proven leadership abilities;
- Able to manage and build a team independently;
- Detail and results oriented
- Very strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to communicate;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel and Word).
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Cleaning and Sanitation team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.