Analytical Development | Montréal, QC | Permanent | Full Time
The Lead Analytical Scientist works closely with the R&D team to analyse the cannabinoid content of new products. You will also be responsible to develop and qualify new analytical methods for pharmaceutical, natural health products, topicals or extracts.
- Lead a team comprised of one or more Analytical Scientists and Analytical Technicians focused on method development, method qualification and analytical testing;
- Develop or optimize analytical methods to test the identity, strength, purity, potency and stability of cannabinoids or other compounds including terpenes, pesticides and aflatoxin in pharmaceuticals, natural health products, beverages or edibles;
- Establish analytical methods in accordance with Health Canada/ICH guidelines;
- Write and/or approve development and qualification reports as well as standard operating procedures (SOPs) for newly created methods and protocols;
- Troubleshoot existing analytical methods and provide support to Analytical Instrument Technicians in the case of equipment failure or other problems;
- Together with the QA team, ensure stability testing is carried out in accordance with specific SOPs and regulatory requirements;
- Work with a range of analytical instruments including but not limited to: HPLC/GC-MS, HPLC-DAD, GC-FID and UV/Vis spectrophotometers;
- Present information and findings at departmental meetings as needed;
- Train Analytical Technicians to operate analytical equipment and perform newly developed methods;
- Coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of equipment and instruments, as required.
- B.Sc. (M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferable) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Experience with Food, OTC and Natural Health Products are an important asset;
- Experience in a GMP, GLP, ICH or ISO setting;
- Experience with lab management software such as Empower; familiarity with ERP, ChemStation;
- Advanced knowledge of process and analytical equipment and operations;
- Experience creating and revising process documentation.
- Proven ability to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently;
- Must be a self-motivated, creative, and able to work in a team environment;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Working knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment is an asset;
- Experience with developing cannabinoid analytical methods is an asset;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Montreal location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Analytical Development Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.