We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our Corporate Services team in the role of Team Lead Internal Controls. This full time position will require a constant presence in our Gatineau and Masson Angers facility. Reporting to the V.P. Finance, the Team Lead of Internal Controls, supports the CEO/CFO certification per the NI 52-109 regulatory requirements including evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) and disclosure procedures.
- Perform duties of an advanced or complex nature requiring strong judgment.
- Plan and execute internal controls related assessments covering a variety of topics as assigned in a manner that adheres to department standards that includes the following:
- Scheduling interviews with process owners, requesting control documentation, conducting fieldwork and communicating audit results;
- Assess and review control matrices, e.g. answer/ review scalability questions, assessment of each control as high, medium or low risk, walkthrough of controls with process / control owners, assist in documentation of gaps and remediation plans, follow-up on completion of gap remediation plans, update matrix for changes in controls or processes
- Make recommendations for improvements to business processes underlying ICFR processes and controls and COSO / COBIT framework
- Maintain and provide status updates on internal control self-assessments, testing results and update on remediation activities for identified control gaps.
- Ensure working papers and files (both on-line and hard copy) adhere to department standards;
- Provide recommendations in reports that are well thought-out (i.e. determine effect on other areas of the organization), practical and written in a format that can be delivered directly to Executive Management and the Board;
- Provide regular reporting on testing progress, remediation and issues encountered;
- Manage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Perform related ad-hoc tasks where required
- Professional accounting and/or audit designation required (CIA, CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) with minimum 5 to 10 years post-qualification experience in an audit role;
- CISA designation and/or knowledge of IT audit procedures considered a significant asset;
- Knowledge of ICFR (NI 52-109) required;
- Knowledge of IFRS required;
- Knowledge of COSO framework required;
- Working knowledge of IT governance standards and frameworks, including COBIT
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and related guidance desirable;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Must be able to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at different levels within the organization;
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in the handling of sensitive or confidential information;
- Must be proficient in internal audit standards;
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to document & implement new procedures & obtain buy-in at all levels of the organization to effect change