Reporting to the Costing Manager, the Intermediate Accountant will support and oversee the cost accounting of HEXO products and transformation process in addition to manage the accounts payable function for the plant. S/He is a keen learner and is a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas. The successful candidate will be an accredited accountant (CPA, CA, strongly preferred) coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in a manufacturing function.
- Assists in the analysis of the plant’s operating results, reviews of raw materials and various other operating expenses ensuring the accuracy of data and reports;
- Participates in inventory counts, reviewing physical adjustments and requesting recounts as needed;
- Reviews rates of depreciation, labor and overhead, costs of raw materials and other supplies;
- Reviews existing work-orders, bill of materials and assesses accuracy of loaded costs;
- Supports operations in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, direct and indirect labor, direct material and subcontract costs, and other overhead costs incurred;
- Performs accounts payable duties: charge expenses to accounts, obtain the right approvals for processing invoices, process payments of invoices and employees expenses;
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions;
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval, proper coding to correct GL accounts and classes (i.e. departments) and matches P.O. to invoices;
- Maintain account payable files;
- Coordinate and enforce purchase requisition processes;
- Support various accounting and finance projects as required, including month end/year end
- S/He is a keen learner and is a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas.
- The successful candidate will be an accredited accountant (CPA, CA, strongly preferred) coupled with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in a manufacturing function.
- S/He must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner
- Bilingualism (both verbal and written French) is an asset