The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business functions. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of Hexo Corp. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Conducts reoccurring meetings with respective business leaders.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Advise clients on people issues and act as the expert on people challenges, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Collaborates with other HRBPs, ensuring alignment on corporate strategies and philosophy, as well as the provision of a seamless service;
- Provides insight to HR’s Center of Excellence, participates in the development and implementation various programs and policies, ensuring they are aligned with the business objectives, while allowing flexibility to meet the needs of specific client groups;
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition Team on full-cycle recruitment activities;
- Coordinates training activities in collaboration with the Learning & Development Team.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including but not limited to compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience.
- Certification in HR is an asset.
Candidates must be able to travel to and from our Gatineau/Hull facilities, initially for training and thereafter on a regular basis to be determined.
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada and must not have a legal impediment to work.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Human Resources Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.