Reporting to the Director of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE), the Manager of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) works with internal teams to continually improve the established policies and procedures for all aspects of health, safety and environmental issues.
- Develop and Manage all HSE policies, procedures and/or programs for the designated facilities, in accordance with company objectives.
- Ensure collection of data pertaining to HSE, conduct analysis and report to senior management.
- Ensure continuous inspection of the equipment, processes and workplace to ensure compliance with government regulations, as well as corporate and industry standards.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies for matters pertaining to HSE, including the CNESST and Ministry of Labour.
- Manage the emergency response program in close collaboration with other departments, including but not limited to Facilities and Security.
- Conduct risk assessments and deliver actions to mitigate the identified risks.
- Investigate incidents thoroughly and effectively, then respond appropriately. This may include communication with managers and staff, training or other corrective measures.
- Work closely with Human Resources on return to work programs.
- Lead joint HSE committees.
- Ensure proper documentation of HSE activities.
- Supervise HSE coordinators, ensuring objectives are met while fostering a positive workplace, maintaining employee motivation and encouraging professional development.
- Develop, execute, promote HSE initiatives, diving a positive, behaviour-based HSE culture.
- Work closely with HSE Teams at other facilities, promoting continuous improvement, learning from one another and ensuring a consistent level of quality in all Hexo Corp locations.
- Complete all other related duties.
- University degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental sciences or other related field
- Experience in a manufacturing setting is considered a strong asset
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or equivalent designation is an asset
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment, which includes demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong understanding of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
- Auditing experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of Ontario and Quebec Occupational Health and safety Acts
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Bilingualism is an important asset
- Proven collaborative mentality
- Availability for travel on occasion.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.