Reporting to the HSE Manager, the HSE Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and facilitating the implementation of environment, health and safety programs designed to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements for our facility. He/she will play an active role in the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of a Health, Safety and Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO standards.
- Assist in the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of an ISO-compliant HSE Management System.
- Identify existing/potential hazards, suggest elimination/mitigation strategies and, upon approval, implement corrective measures.
- Develop and implement specific Workplace Health and Safety Programs.
- Promote a culture of safety and prevention: educate employees on workplace/environmental hazards, corporate policies and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with the Corporate Social Responsibility team on environmental priorities, concerns and/or programs.
- Provide technical and regulatory expertise to internal teams.
- Facilitate/coordinate training of internal teams on policies, procedures or Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety matters.
- Investigate workplace incidents (safety and environmental), determine root cause and recommend corrective measures.
- Manage workplace compensation claims, submit documentation and reports to WSIB as required.
- Lead the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Report to management on Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety performances.
- Liaise with Capital Projects team on new constructions and structural changes to ensure the health and safety of Hexo employees.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the HSE Manager.
- University degree in environmental sciences, engineering, human resources or other related field is required
- A degree specific to EHS Management is an important asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 an asset
- Auditing experience an asset
- Strong understanding of environmental issues found within a manufacturing environment
- In-depth knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in Québec is required
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.