The manager will have 2-3 supervisors. These supervisors will have 10 Team Lead positions and below those team leads will be 24 specialists. Below those specialists will be upwards of 188 Personnel. This is an estimated total of over 200 employees. The individual’s team will be responsible for effective harvest, debudding, racking of 108,000 kgs a year. This product will be harvested from two separate autonomous buildings with two autonomous teams. Their decisions will dictate the quality and availability of the majority of our outgoing product.
- Processing efficiency and product quality of all harvested material and disposal of waste material created from this process;
- In coordination with Director of Processing, the research and implementation of new technologies to improve both efficiency and quality of each process in order to keep HEXO at the leading edge of the industry;
- The daily mentorship of leadership positions within the department to cultivate a positive and dynamic work environment;
- Manage all harvest activities. This includes 3-12 direct employees and around 200 indirect employees;
- Create and maintain a strong collaborative, hardworking culture through analysis, interpersonal relationships and rigorous improvement of processes;
- Cultivate and mentor the leadership positions in the department on an everyday basis;
- Manage safe work conditions;
- Constantly study processes to improve and maintain product quality and consistency;
- In cooperation with the Director of Processing and Production Planner, work to complete processing demands in a prioritized fashion;
- Ensure the processing areas are maintained and cleaned on a regular basis;
- Coordinate with Facilities Manager in order to constantly improve work environment and reduce/prevent production downtime;
- Work with the Master Grower to strive for improved quality, yield and efficient workflow;
- Work with other departments and communicate issues as they arise.
- Degree/Diploma in science, manufacturing or similar field of study;
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
- 5 to 7 years of manufacturing management experience required;
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills;
- Critical/logical thinking – must analyse problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution;
- Excellent technical skills;
- Analytical skills – responsible for analysis and interpretation of data into charts, diagrams, and reports;
- Stress management skills – this environment is very fast-paced which makes it imperative for employees to be able to prioritize work while under pressure.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Harvest Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.