Financial Controls | Kanata, ON | Permanent | Full Time
This role supports the Manager, Financial Reporting in meeting the various continuous disclosure and public company financial reporting requirements of HEXO. It will also help in the assessment and action of the company’s complex accounting needs.
- Research cannabis industry market competitors;
- Aid in researching and developing accounting policies and IFRS standards;
- Administrate the company’s employee stock option plan;
- Help with the financial statement close process and MDA;
- Help with all equity related accounting matters;
- Help with all HEXO securities matters.
- University degree and one or more professional designations;
- 2-4 years of relevant experience;
- CPA designation;
- Big four background;
- Good with handbook / standards research;
- Public entity / client experience;
- Good understanding of equity and public securities;
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Communication & Client Responsiveness: Asks questions, provides answers and/or explains work-related information. Uses client knowledge to anticipate and pro-actively address client needs.
- Work Direction: Trains, demonstrates methods, processes and procedures and may verify work of more junior colleagues or contractors.
- Problem solving, Innovation and Autonomy: Problems are complex and multifaceted but usually the impact is limited to within the position’s own functional area or project. Guidance is readily available.
- Sensory Demands: The work involves considerable periods of intense sensory effort. (requires prolonged focus without a break in concentration)
- Physical Demands: The work involves occasional periods (less than 1/2 day) of light physical effort.
- Working Conditions: Moderate exposure to adverse conditions (26-50% of the time)
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Kanata location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.