The Financial Analyst – Financial Planning & Analysis will work primarily with the General & Administrative and R&D departments in building and maintaining financial forecast models and providing financial analysis for various projects and business models. The successful candidate will be the primary contact for financial analysis for their area of responsibility.
- Maintain financial models and perform ad-hoc analyses
- Work closely with the leaders of the organization to prepare forecasts and budgets
- Monthly and quarterly review of actual results against budgets with critical variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages
- Assist the Manager of FP&A with preparation of quarterly financial information required for Board of Directors and Audit Committee
- Assist the finance team with the preparation of external financial statements, MD&A, and other public facing financial documentation
- Improve upon repeatable financial planning processes
- Support business unit leaders with financial analysis and recommendations
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure the accuracy of financial information
- University degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting) or MBA with experience would be acceptable
- Working towards a recognized professional designation (CFA or CPA)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong financial modelling skills required, including intermediate knowledge of Excel (financial modelling) and PowerPoint (presentations)
- Dependable and great team spirit
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Highly adaptable to unforeseen circumstances as we are expanding
- Excellent organizational skills
- French/English bilingualism as asset, but not required
- Occasional travel between sites
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.