Operations | Masson-Angers, QC | Permanent | Full Time
The Electromechanical technician will be part of the facilities team to ensure the overall upkeep of our installations, maintain production equipment, processing equipment and ensure a safe work environment. Performing duties required in dismantling, repairing, rebuilding, installing and testing electrical and mechanical systems and components.
- Provide maintenance support for the production shift they are assigned to, on a three-shift rotating schedule;
- Assist production assistant in line changeovers, as required;
- Responsible for completing daily maintenance documentation as well as documentation related to health Canada requirements concerning the cannabis industry;
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance, overhauling & repairing of production, processing and packaging equipment, as needed;
- Work with automated systems, conveyors and processing equipment (i.e. centrifuges, mills, fillers, capper, labeller, case packer, bundle wrapper);
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace mechanical and electrical problems and/or parts;
- Work with machine operators on troubleshooting as well;
- Other related tasks as required or assigned by Facilities Manager and Facilities Supervisor.
- Certificate in Industrial Mechanics or other training deemed relevant to the job;
- Having a 309A certification an asset;
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic system would be an asset;
- Any experience with high pressure CO2 and or steam boilers would be an asset;
- Has a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience;
- Familiar with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) an asset;
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset;
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge and experience with various handheld tools and machinery;
- Ensure safe work practice including PPE, fall arrest, Confined Space and Lock Out Tag Out;
- Able to use hand tools, power tools, measurement;
- Programming PLC’s and willing to learn an asset;
- Traveling/training within Ontario and Quebec may be required;
- Emergency response training and knowledge an asset;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and safe working practices and environmental awareness.
- Class G driver’s license in good standing, and safe driving habits.
- Able to complete physically demanding work including lifting, bending, crouching, standing and lifting to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Masson-Angers, QUE location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Operations Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.