Innovation | Montréal, QC | Permanent | Full Time
The Director of Product Development will lead a talented team of scientists tasked with developing new formulations and technologies to drive business decisions and ultimately the sale of products. Based in our Montreal facility, this key leadership role will contribute greatly to the success of Hexo’s Innovation team, supporting an extensive pipeline of new cannabinoid products from topicals, cosmetics, health & wellness and pharmaceutical/OTC products. Reporting to the Sr. Director of R&D, you will interact with the whole Innovation team providing expert advice and attending key strategic meetings. The ideal candidate will be motivational, energetic, forward thinking, and possess outstanding leadership development, organizational awareness, and a commitment to excellence.
- Lead the Product Development team in the development and optimization of new high performance and robust cannabinoid formulations including solid dose, liquids, semi-solids, powders and emulsions;
- Lead the development of cannabinoid delivery platforms for edible and beverages products to meet the product quality attributes;
- Responsible for the budget, work schedules, training, equipment, safety, methodology and documentation that collectively provide an efficient, service-oriented, compliant and reputable formulation development laboratory;
- Present information and progress reports to the Innovation team as needed;
- Propose new equipment or technologies to meet quality and performance business objectives;
- Maintain laboratory information system by identifying information needs and issues;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines (GMP, GPP and the Cannabis Act);
- Recruit, select, orient, and support the training of new personnel;
- Coordinate technology transfer with internal production teams and/or CMOs as required;
- Work with R&D consultants and CROs as required;
- Maintain and continually develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
- M.S. degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, chemical engineering or other related field;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a leadership role in the pharmaceutical or cosmetic industry;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Excellent knowledge of GMP/GLP;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English, bilingual an asset.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Montreal location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Innovation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.