We are currently seeking a Director of Capital Projects. Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing Officer, the Director of Capital Projects is responsible for the planning, execution, delivery of and reporting on capital projects (both new construction and amendments to existing facilities) – ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget, in compliance with project specifications and business requirements. The incumbent engages senior executives, internal clients and other stakeholders in capital projects, especially mission-critical projects. Though the focus will be our Belleville facility, the incumbent may oversee projects in alternate locations.
- Liaise with Management to identify capital planning needs and priorities, including new builds and amendments to existing facilities;
- Plan and oversee the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects. Develop and implement project plans;
- Determine resource and budget requirements, cost estimates and timelines;
- Source third-party service providers/partners, negotiate contracts and ensure satisfactory execution of contractual agreements;
- Act as main point of contact for suppliers, internal clients and stakeholders. Resolving issues that may arise, manage client expectations and ensure client/stakeholder satisfaction;
- Identify project risks and implement mitigation and contingency plans;
- Monitor progress. Report on project status against timelines;
- Oversee the Capital Projects team: assign and ensure completion of tasks;
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and comply with regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Maintains accountability for alignment to corporate objectives and business requirements, project governance and performance. Establishes and monitors KPIs based on project targets and compliance (regulatory, environment, health and safety);
- Provides subject matter expertise in the development and enhancement of capital planning and reporting systems and tools.
- Candidates must possess a university degree in engineering and a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing capital projects.
- Experience with project scopes that include both structure set-up/retrofitting and equipment installation is an important asset.
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Belleville facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Operations Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.