Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Cost Accounting Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Finance and business unit leaders throughout the departments. The candidate will oversee the cost accounting of HEXO products and transformation process. S/He is a keen learner and is a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas. The successful candidate will be an accredited accountant (CPA, CA, strongly preferred) coupled with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in a manufacturing function.
- Analyzes the plant’s operating results for raw materials and various other operating expenses, ensure the accuracy of data and reports, develop performance indicators and make recommendations;
- Support operations in reviewing, analyzing and reporting on inventory valuation, inventory transactions, direct and indirect labour, direct material and subcontract costs, and other overhead costs incurred;
- Investigate and correct any discrepancies;
- Prepare weekly/monthly reporting of actual production costs vs standard costs to support company goals;
- Prepares forecasts, analyzes variances and makes recommendations;
- Participate in inventory counts, reviewing physical adjustments and requesting recounts as needed;
- Prepare cost estimates for new products and product pre-stages, as well as cost saving initiatives using inputs from R&D, Operations and Marketing.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Budget and the monthly forecasts by providing inputs and analysis;
- Support various accounting and finance projects as required, including month end/year end
- S/He is a keen learner and is a resource for well-informed business recommendations and ideas.
- The successful candidate will be an accredited accountant (CPA, CA, strongly preferred) coupled with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in a manufacturing function.
- S/He must demonstrate a commitment to excellence and attention to detail, delivering accurate information and balanced analysis in a consistent and timely manner.
- Bilingualism (both verbal and written French) is an important asset.