Procurement | Kanata, ON, Montréal, QC, Vaughan, ON | Permanent | Full Time
Buying and selling cannabis
- Lead the commercial activities around selling excess inventory and buying cannabis opportunistically;
- Develop relationships with key LP’s domestically and internationally;
- Provide strategic inputs and execution support to achieve commercial objectives and goals;
- Tap on strong local market insights to develop and drive future-focused growth strategy;
- Build customer-focus and customer-centricity in the business model and lead deployment of customer-led business strategy for the long term competitive positioning and business sustainability;
- Expand market and customer networks and explore commercial opportunities in new products and new markets;
- Develop strong market linkages for capturing market insights, macro factors and trends, industry practices and regulatory policies to build effective strategies and commercial game plans;
- Build customer-focused culture and customer engagement & relationship management capabilities;
- Promote strategies intended to maximize profitability through customer solutions, and innovations. Build collaboration and partnerships with other businesses to enhance commercial interactions and deliver solutions to the targeted customers;
- Develop customer and supplier analytics and business intelligence;
- Lead development of Hexo’s best practices with respect to commodity trading, customer engagement tools and processes and be accountable for the customer and supplier performance measures related to trading.
- Secure transportation
- Work with the Procurement, Logistics and Quality teams to ensure processes and procedures are in place for the secure and consistent transportation of products;
- Ensure best value for transportation spend;
- Working with the Logistics team develop Transportation best practices and metrics.
- Integration with key internal stakeholders
- Develop relationships and work closely with the IBP team to proactively identify trading opportunities and provide a competitive advantage to Hexo;
- Work with Finance and Quality to develop effective cost models and consistently delivery profitable results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline from accredited university preferred;
- 10 years of sales, marketing, business management experience in complex, global organizations, in the agriculture industry preferred;
- Experience in agriculture commodity trading preferred;
- Knowledge of cannabis market, domestic and world supply and demand;
- Proven record in business / commercial strategy development;
- Strong manager with the ability to work remotely with little daily supervision;
- Strong negotiation skills with good marketing knowledge;
- Ability and willingness to challenge the status quo and provide new perspectives and ideas and share external best practices;
- Language Fluency in English and French preferred;
- Ability to travel 25% of the time;
- Strong collaboration skills with other departments, business units, etc.;
- Demonstrated track record of leadership toward achieving goals and executing at a high-performance level (effective listening, patience, composure and conflict management);
- Exceptional teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and the ability to make decision without complete information if required;
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate ideas, plans and actions to a broad group of employees, including in remote office locations;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve complex problems in partnership with others;
- Demonstrated ability to make quick, sound decisions about positions, new tools, closing complex deals, etc.;
- Conceptually strong to anticipate customer and market needs and changes;
- Strong bias for action, proactivity on action taking.
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from either our Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.