Reporting to the Lead Scientist, you will work closely with the R&D team to develop new formulations that will enable production of new products, in support of our innovative cannabinoid pipeline. You will be responsible to develop formulations, refine them, and drive completion of assigned individual projects.
- Experimental design and execution of bench scale formulation studies up to pilot and pivotal scale developmental batches, to support the final formulation and processes in solid and liquid dosage forms including nanotechnologies and topicals.
- Evaluation and selection of cannabis raw material (flower, oil or distillate), the inactive raw materials and the packaging components for various products.
- Formulation of laboratory testing batches to support product development, regulatory submissions and analytical method development.
- Serve as a liaison for written and oral communication between R&D and production during technology transfer for process, pilot and scale up studies, to ensure smooth transfer of information, collating information and interpretation of data during development work.
- Clearly document all data generated and conduct Design of Experiments (DOE) analysis. Report all research work performed – includes creation and documentation of study and experimental protocol, development of experimental process, identification and corrections of developmental and manufacturing issues/problems/observations and writing formulation development reports.
- Prepare monthly project reviews and participate in internal R&D individual meetings and group discussions.
- Work with the Quality team to establish shelf-life stability tests and protocols.
- Work with Quality and Operations to create any required documents such as deviations, investigations, change controls, CAPAs or reports that are required during any point of product development or manufacturing.
- Assist in the general operation of the R&D formulation laboratory, including maintenance, training and equipment validation or maintenance, lab supplies and R&D raw materials. These responsibilities will evolve as the laboratory grows.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience. Experience with cannabis, OTC and Natural Health Products is an important asset
- Hold in-depth knowledge of GMP pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Advanced knowledge of process equipment and operations
- Experience creating and revising process documentation
- Strong creative approach to problem solving
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.