Reporting to the Cleaning and Sanitation Manager, the Cleaning and Sanitation Supervisor will oversee the daily operation of the department and supervise team members to ensure that office spaces, common areas, green houses and production areas are cleaned in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Health Canada requirements.
- Assign work tasks and supervise Cleaning & Sanitation employees;
- Report to, communicate timely and effectively to the Cleaning & Sanitation Manager;
- Perform facility cleanliness inspections, ensure work completion and proper documentation as per the company’s standard operating procedures;
- Assist with employee performance management through effective coaching and proper documentation as well promoting employee recognition;
- Assist with development, improvement and implementation of departments operating procedures, regular and periodic work, and any department related work initiatives;
- Report all maintenance defects and all security related matter as required by the company policy;
- Ensure adequate tools and supplies are available to staff at all times;
- Liaise with other operation departments’ team leads, supervisors and managers;
- Schedule employees according to the department’s requirement with sound reasoning and optimization in mind;
- Complete payroll duties and ensure payroll costs are in line with the approved budget;
- Lead and actively participate in the company’s recycling programs;
- Perform tasks as assigned by the manager and responsible for the department’s operations in the absence of the Cleaning & Sanitation Manager.
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to evenings and weekends;
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended period of time; lift and carry up to 25 pounds;
- Commercial cleaning experience preferred;
- Ability to use computerized equipment and cleaning machines;
- Excellent time management skills, diligent and complete work in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate flexibility and sound work ethics;
- Spoken and written communication skills in English and French;
- Ability to work in a team or independently with little to no supervision;
- Ability to work at a high standard with an excellent eye for detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Directly supervise 20 to 40 employees;
- 5-year supervisory experience or equivalent;
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel and Word).
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau (Masson-Angers) location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our cleaning and sanitation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.