We are currently seeking a Building Operator who will report to the Facilities Manager and Supervisor. The Building Operator will work closely with other Facilities staff to ensure the overall upkeep of our greenhouses, maintain production equipment and ensure a safe work environment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance and inspect as required mechanical, electrical, and HVAC systems and related equipment including but not limited to carbon dioxide supplementation systems, water treatment, boilers, air handling units, irrigation system, computerized environmental control systems, greenhouse and building envelope, etc., on daily/weekly basis and complete appropriate record logs in order to ensure equipment is maintained in good working order;
- Participate in the development of a maintenance schedule and ensure preventative maintenance of equipment such as HVAC systems, production machinery and building components;
- Liaise with licensed service providers as required for specific maintenance or installation projects;
- Conduct workplace inspections to ensure all equipment and workspaces are safe and up to Code, identify and eliminate (whenever possible) Occupational Health and Safety risks.
- Professional diploma or technical degree pertaining to HVAC systems, mechanical maintenance or other related field with a few years’ relevant experience
- Certificate of Building Environmental Systems ‐ Operator Class One & Two or SMT or Stationary Engineer 4th/5th Class or equivalent
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Strong problem‐solving abilities
- Bilingualism is an asset
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Facilities team, please send us your resume via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.