We are currently looking for Assistant Growers. These are full time, permanent roles.
Under the supervision of the Master Grower, the Assistant Grower will execute the following tasks related to production:
- will maintain and renew mother plants
- will assist in cloning and germination of new plants
- will efficiently transplant the plants into desired pots
- will maintain plants in flowering
- will effectively scout for insects and diseases
- will assist in necessary treatments (application of predators, sprays)
- will be able to follow and supervise work orders provided by the Master Grower
- will supervise and help with harvesting activities when needed (trimming, drying, etc.)
- will be able to effectively keep track of inventory of growing plants and work with ICS
- will be detail oriented and correctly fill out all forms connected to his/her work
- will show initiative in all activities pertaining to cultivation
Including all of the above-mentioned tasks, the Assistant Grower will know and follow all sanitation regulations, as well as, security regulations in all their performed tasks. They will strictly follow all the operational procedures they are assigned to as described by the SOPs. They will work efficiently, independently and will be very detail oriented. They will be punctual, available and will maintain a good work atmosphere with their colleagues.
- A college diploma in horticulture or related field is required
- 2-3 years of work in the greenhousing industry
- Available to work sometimes on weekends
- Pesticide certification is a plus, but not necessary
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Gatineau (Masson Angers) facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Cultivation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.