Innovation | Montréal, QC | Permanent | Full Time
Reporting to a Lead Analytical Chemist, you will work closely with the R&D team to analyse the cannabinoid content of new products. You will also be responsible to develop and qualify new analytical methods for pharmaceutical, natural health products, topicals or extracts.
- Lead or participate in the development of methods, method qualification and analytical testing;
- Develop or optimize analytical methods to test the identity, strength, purity, potency and stability of cannabinoids or other compounds including terpenes, pesticides and aflatoxin in pharmaceuticals, natural health products, beverages or edibles;
- Establish analytical methods in accordance with Health Canada/ICH guidelines;
- Write development and qualification reports as well as standard operating procedures (SOPs) for newly created methods and protocols;
- Troubleshoot existing analytical methods and provide support to Analytical Instrument Technicians in the case of equipment failure or other problems;
- Together with the QA team, ensure stability testing is carried out in accordance with specific SOPs and regulatory requirements;
- Work with a range of analytical instruments including but not limited to: HPLC/GC-MS, HPLC-DAD, GC-FID and UV/Vis spectrophotometers;
- Present information and findings at departmental meetings as needed;
- Train Analytical Technicians to operate analytical equipment and perform newly developed methods;
- Support required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of equipment and instruments, as required.
- You hold a minimum B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience. Experience with Food, OTC and Natural Health Products are an important asset;
- You have worked with lab management software such as Empower;
- You have advanced knowledge of analytical equipment and operations;
- You have experience with sample workup from a variety of matrices;
- You have experience creating and revising documentation;
- You are able to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently;
- You must be a self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment;
- You have strong written and oral communications skills;
- You have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- You have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel;
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with the following software; ERP, ChemStation and Empower is an asset;
- Experience in a GMP, GLP, ICH or ISO setting;
- You have working knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment (asset);
- You have experience with developing cannabinoid analytical methods (asset);
- You are fluent in English and French (asset).
How to Apply
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Montreal location and must not have a legal impediment to employment.
If you’re interested in joining the Hexo Corp team and taking on a new, exciting challenge within our Innovation Team, please send us your resume via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.